Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mower Distress

I don't have much more than a postage stamp lawn but with all the rain we have been getting I still need to mow it. Too bad my mower won't start. New plug, new air filter. Gas gets in when primed and the mower starts briefly and then dies. I may try to clean the carburetor this weekend. I may try to borrow the neighbors mower in the meantime. I would buy one of those people powered rotary mowers but they don't work well on St. Augustine Grass that has a lot of thatch. I have never had my lawn thatched so I don't believe it would be a good choice. I spent 20.oo just to fill my gas can for the mower the other day. A people powered mower would pay for itself and I would burn a bunch of calories every time I used it.

If all else fails I will buy a new carberator and install it or just buy a new mower. If I didn't have the lawn out front I don't know what I would have there instead.

I found out today that one of my co-workers is pregnant with her second child. I am happy for her but I am not happy that I will have to fill in for her when she goes on leave. When she goes out in the field now she asks me to accompany her because her assistant left for a job in Hawaii about 5 months ago. She goes to some pretty remote places in the county and it is safer if she has someone to go with her. Work has been slowing down as it is summer and then there is the economy. I still have some landscape reviews to do but I can find time to go with her now. I don't know what it will be like in 9 months.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I guess that you could a goat? Unfortunately they eat everything so probably not a solution.

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.