Thursday, July 31, 2008


Sorry if I have left anyone hanging. The mower is fixed. Nothing a little new gas and some carb cleaner couldn't fix. Now my attention will turn to trying to lend a sense of organization to my landscape. Everything is now the same height and nothing stands out or looks like it has been composed. I told a friend I think it is starting to look like god sneezed seeds and from there my garden sprouted. I will probably start on that this weekend.


Tyler will be in a commericial this weekend. The county is doing something to publicize their comprehensive plan and they are using the children to schill it. Tyler is very excited.


Matthew came to visit and together we figured out why the ice maker would no longer dispense ice out of the door of the fridge. It took awhile but we did fix it. It had a small plastic part that has not been working for awhile. Now that we fixed it, it works better than before it broke.


Last weekend was a beach day on Sunday. I found a handful of complete sand dollars while snorkelling off of the homeowner's assoc. beach. The air was breezy but hot. It was like being in a hairdryer. Tyler ended up staying with Leslie after we left to bring Gavin home for a nap. When I went to pick her up she was still swimming (in Leslie's pool), three hours later. She looked exhausted. Gavin got a good nap.


My evenings regularly consist of a visit to the YMCA to workout for 60 to 90 minutes. I am able to be home by 7:30 or earlier, usually. Last night I did strength training. I feel like I am improving and I can see more definition but my measurements are actually getting smaller. I may not be eating or sleeping enough. The night before I returned to spinning class for some cardio work. I have not been there, except Saturdays, for a couple of months now. It feels good to be getting back into it. I may look into getting a road bike to start riding outside with a group.
The people that the county contracts to maintain the landscape pruned the palms here yesterday. Not hardly a brown frond on the palms. Most of the palms would have been fine another year. Instead the green fronds, which are responsible for photosynthesis, were removed and the trees exposed to potential damage from what appears to me to be overpruning. The photos is what the palms looked like after being pruned.


No comments: